Cardinal Stadium Rules
For all University of Louisville football games, the gates will open 90-120 minutes prior to the scheduled time for kick off. All parking lots open five (5) hours prior to game time. However, both gate opening and parking lot times will vary on a situational basis.
Clear Bag Policy
Fans are encouraged not to bring any bags inside the stadium. Albeit, each ticket holder is allowed one small clutch purse (no larger than 6.5 x 4.5 inches) and one large clear bag, either a one-gallon clear Ziploc-style storage bag or a 12 x 6 x 12 inches clear tote bag.
Approved clear tote bags can be purchased from Cardinal Authentic, the store located at Gate 2 of Cardinal Stadium at 2800 South Floyd Street.
Children over the age of two (2) years must have a ticket to enter the game. Please retain your ticket stub at all times during the game.
The use of tobacco products (i.e. smoking, chewing tobacco, etc.) along with electric cigarettes and vaping, is strictly prohibited at all UofL athletic facilities, as well as within 50 feet of an exterior gate or entrance. No designated areas are available in the athletic facilities.
Alcohol sales begin from the time the gates open until the end of the third quarter. No alcoholic beverages will be served during the fourth quarter.
A limit of two (2) alcoholic beverages may be purchased at a time only by an individual of 21 years of age and proof of age is required. Additionally, everyone, regardless of age, must present a valid I.D for each alcohol purchase.
Alcohol may not be brought into the stadium or taken out of the stadium. Fans attempting to smuggle alcohol into our out of the stadium will be subject to removal from the facility, loss of ticket privileges, and/or arrest.
Those under 21 years of age is prohibited to consume and possess alcohol according to the Kentucky state law.
Banners, Signs, and Flags
Banners and signs are authorized provided they are not commercial, offensive, or in poor taste. Please ensure that your banner(s) and sign(s) do not obstruct the view of other guests, stadium signage, or present any safety hazard. Flags of any shape or size are prohibited from being brought into the stadium.
- Smoking inside stadium premises (inside black fences)
- Standing on seats
- Standing in the aisles
- Entering a seating area without the correct ticket
- Drunk and/or disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- Entering the field of play without authorization
- Interference with the event or its participants in any way
- Throwing, kicking or discharging any object within the facility or onto the field.
- Throwing or discharging any object off the upper concourse level, Norton Terrace, Brown & Williamson Club inner concourse walkway, or off the top-deck seating on the East side of the stadium
- Using profanity and/or other offensive, racial, obscene, or abusive gestures toward or in reference to players, coaches, referees, fans, performers, or other staff members
- Wearing clothing displaying profane or offensive material
- Use of artificial noisemakers
- Violation of any local, state or federal laws.
- Using/flying of drones without written permission by both Athletics and the FAA.
- Bringing in pets/animals into the Cardinal Stadium, excluding service animals like guide dogs
- Firearms or weapons of any kind (e.g. firearms, knives, pepper spray, stun guns, slingshots, concealed weapons, etc.)
- Fireworks of any kind (including smoke bombs and flares)
- Glass or plastic bottles, cans, coolers, containers, food or beverages of any kind
- Air horns, whistles, seat cushions with backs, artificial noisemakers (e.g. thunder sticks, drums, horns)
- Illegal drugs or chemicals
- Laser pens & pointers
- Inflated footballs or any other ball of any shape or size
- Animals (except service dogs)
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertising items, etc.
- Skateboards, rollers blades, roller skates, roller shoes, hover boards, etc.
- Any unapproved flags or banners of any shape or size.
- Purses larger than a clutch bag, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
Cardinal Stadium has a strict no re-entry policy. Thus, any guest who leaves the stadium during an event will need a new ticket to re-enter the facility.